Monday, 5 November 2012

Have you ever felt God tell you to do something in particular? Felt Him tell you to talk to someone? Do something for someone? Or write something? For the past few weeks, I've been feeling God pulling on  my heartstrings to write a book. It started one fancy morning during my devotional. I was studying Colossians 3:5-17 that talks about stripping one's self of unbecoming characters and putting on the new man. I loved it and it resonated in my heart long after I put my Bible down. But just when I thought, "Hey God, teach me something new." He replied, "It's all in Colossians 3:5-17" Or I'd ask Him to teach me to be patient and He'd say "It's right there, Ibukun." After much tears, hesitation, grumbling, fear, I finally got on my knees and told God that I did not know jack about writing books but that I trust Him with my emptiness. I told Him to write the book through me. I'm positive that He will teach me new things and will teach other men and women new things through what He will write. I refuse to take credit for any of it because Heaven knows I know nothing. I just want to admit here and now that I am absolutely petrified. Please pray for me that I will not hinder the Holy Spirit from doing His work and that I will sit patiently in His Presence as He whispers hidden secrets in His word to me. I started writing yesterday. Please, please pray for productivity.  

No comments:

Post a Comment