Tuesday, 6 November 2012

Praying for you

I was thinking today while I was sipping coffee and attempting to obliterate the visual of a swinging-couple-reality show on TLC that it would be great if I prayed for my readers and or followers for the next 30 days. I think God is ready to teach me selflessness. Most times when I pray, I could spend 30 minutes just asking God to make me a better person, asking Him to provide for my needs, asking Him to teach me new things but I'd spend about five minutes maximum actually praying for people who are not related to me. I find it difficult to pray for my country for a long period of time compared to when I pray for myself and I don't think that God wants that. He is';t concerned with making a selfish Christian
Don't look out only for your own interests, but take any interest in others, too.
                                                                                                        - Philippians 2:4(NLT)
So for the next thirty days, I am going to mark days off as I pray for other people. I'm not going to ask God for anything other than that He make me a better Christian and the bulk of my prayer will be for others. I thought my blog would be a good place  to start so here's how it'll go: kindly leave a comment at the end of this post telling me your name and where you live. If you want, you could add a specific prayer request. It could be about anything that you are dealing with right now that you are having a hard time handling and I would love to pray for you and or with you. And I am sure that it would be comforting to know that someone out there is taking out time to pray for you even if you do not believe in prayer at all. If you don't want to leave a comment. You could send me mail at ibukunakinnawo@gmail.com and I will take down your prayer request. At the end of thirty days, I will come on here to tell you guys that the prayer marathon is over and you are absolutely free to leave me a comment sharing your testimony of answered prayer. I'm sure that everyone would be encouraged by your testimony and you will also be refreshed. Come on, guys, let's jump in on this one. Don't hesitate, don't even stop to think about it. Just do it! :)
...the earnest prayer of a righteous person has great power and produces wonderful results.
                                                                                                       - James 5:16(NLT)

No comments:

Post a Comment