Wednesday, 21 November 2012

Sick of Being Anorexic

I'm not even going to apologize for not putting anything up in a week. But I'm going to apologize for not letting you guys know how much better I was after putting up my last post. My problems did not disappear into thin air but I'm glad to say that God has them covered and He's sorting them out one by one!
I haven't had coffee in a week! Heck, I don't think I've been in one place longer than five minutes in a week!
I just took ten minutes off working to put this post up.
And today, I'm tackling my new found problem of giving God left over time in the mornings when I wake up.
I used to wake up at 5am to chat with God for about an hour but somehow these past few days I have been waking up at 6:30 or sometimes 7am and the first thing I reach for is my  bible  phone. I feel guilty when I do it but it doesn't stop me from doing it anyway. And then I'd mumble a quick "Thank You, Jesus" before going about my daily activities. I feel starved spiritually as I feel physically. My eating habits haven't exactly been stellar these past few days. As a matter of fact, I have had only one (pretty large!) meal today. So I've decided that I'm going to put a stop to it. I'm tired of looking and feeling like an anorexic on the inside and outside. I made up my mind while listening to Kari Jobe (lol) so here is my new daily routine:


  1. Wake up and pray. I don't care when I wake up. The first thing I'll do when I wake up from now is be still and listen to God for five minutes. I will not reach for my phone (So help me, God)
  2. Then I will listen to one worship song...or more
  3. I will get out of bed, log on to Youversion to read my devotional for the day.
  4. I will pray and linger with God for as long as possible.
  5. I will go to bed not later than 11pm so I can wake up early
  6. I will not adjust the rules above that I have laid down for me-self :) 
I can only do all of this with His Strength of course...and a hot mug of black coffee to awaken my senses.

In other important news, I stopped by a bookshop today and was irresistibly drawn to Joyce Meyer's "Reduce Me To Love". 
Yep, I walked out of that bookshop with that book in my hand. It is lying contentedly on my bed right now as a property of yours truly. :)

It's almost 11pm. I've gotta tidy my room...you know what they say about godliness and cleanliness. If you and I are in the same boat giving God left overs please let me know how you're working towards giving Him your first fruits.It'll be much appreciated. 

3 comments:

  1. I am in the same boat with you girl.
    I will be using some of your tips and will blog about the results :)

    fallingofftherye.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Will definitely be using so e of your tips :-)
    Thanks for posting this

    ReplyDelete