Friday, 2 November 2012

The End of A Chapter

one of the things at the office I will miss
Today was my last day as an intern/creative writer and research consultant at Litwit Creatives. I don't exactly know how I feel right now but I know for sure that I had me two large chunks of chicken cooked to near perfection!
the bucket of chicken in the process of becoming just another bucket
Working at Litwit has had its ups (lots of em) and lows (very few) there were mornings I wake up and just want to curl up in a ball and throw a pity party for myself. There were special mornings I'd wake up and be willing to take out 30 minutes (or more) of my time to just be still before God. There were also mornings I was in such a hurry I almost forgot to put clothes on! Lord help me.
I hadn't even left work today when I'd begun to feel nostalgic. There was this thick lump in my throat when I saw the bucket of chicken, chips and drinks that my colleagues got for the "party" and they all talked about how they loved working with me. We had misunderstandings alright but somehow, past my foolish pride, God helped me apologize where I was wrong. I told myself I wasn't going to shed a tear today but by the time the party was over, I succeeded in ruining my mascara (thank God I didn't have any eyeliner on!) and making a complete fool of myself but the latter is fine. I should make a fool of myself more often. Anyone who knows me knows I wear my heart on my forehead sleeve. I couldn't hide my emotions even if I tried.
Now that I'm off work and school hasn't resumed yet, I have more than enough time to do stuff that I've had on my bucket list for awhile now:

  • Read new books
  • Find Lysa TerKeurst's "Unglued"
  • Spend more time with God
  • Ask Him to teach me how to strip
  • Go swimming (most likely tomorrow. I'm totally envisioning tomorrow)
  • Rest and keep the Sabbath holy come Sunday. 
What's on your bucket list for this weekend? And if you're also beginning a new chapter in your life, what is about to change and what do you miss?

No comments:

Post a Comment