Saturday, 15 December 2012

A heart of Gratitude

I was not going to blog tonight but I've been listening to so much Christmas music today, I could not help myself. I began The ReThink devotional on YouVersion in the wee hours of this morning and it's helped me get a new perspective. I know it's something that I should have known since before today but I felt like I was hearing this for the first time but I guess it was the first time I was really listening to God speak concerning this:
There shouldn't be a distinction between every other time and God time. God time should be every time. Every minute of my day, God wants to guide me and He wants to guide my decisions. Every step I take should be in line with His.
Talk about an awakening!
Me and God still have a long way to go but when I look back on where He picked me up from, I can smile knowing that I am on the right track. I may make mistakes, I may trip and fall but I find comfort in knowing that He is right beside me to lift me to my feet again. I'm still struggling with loving some members of my family practically and some days, I don't want to love anybody. I just want to sit in my room and do nothing all day. I am learning that it is on those days that God wants me to reach out to them more. This young lady is a work-in-progress.
If you have been reading my blog for a length of time, you would know that I started writing a book based on Colossians 3:5-17 in November and today I'm happy because I got a lot of writing done. I wrote my first 10,000 pages today! I don't think I have ever written anything that long in my entire existence! I am floored by God's grace and the gift of His Spirit. I don't think I could have done it without Him. It is His book after all! And I am especially grateful for the people that come on here to read my thoughts and also lift me up to God in prayer! I just thought I should put it out right now that your prayers are felt! I am thankful for all of you and I pray earnestly that you grow in knowledge of the One who calls us by His name!

this picture is endearing, don't you think?
P.S my heart is with those who have lost any loved one in the shooting at Connecticut. And I muttered heart felt prayers for you today. Know that you are not alone. Christ is here, reaching through the ceiling, holding you.

No comments:

Post a Comment