Friday, 21 December 2012

Christmas Traditions

I can't say that I have any Christmas traditions. That would be a lie from the pits so, no, I don't have any Christmas traditions. We don't even bother with a Christmas tree in my house. Most times, I spend the day slaving away in the kitchen, making meals for guests. I never get the time to sit down and just enjoy the gift that is Christmas. I am surrounded by Marthas and I think I have become one myself. So this Christmas, I want to do something different. I want to make Christmas memorable for people who don't really know what Christmas is for or about. This year, I won't be slaving away in front of a stove (no, sir!) I will be out on the streets making Christmas memorable for young 'uns like the ones in the pictures above. These beauties live in wooden houses on the Lagos Lagoon water. My heart just melts every time I'm on the bridge and look out the window to see these houses and the conditions that these people live in in Makoko. This year, I decided that I wanted to be lost in something greater, something of lasting significance and I feel strongly that God is giving me a nod in this direction. If you want to be a part of the "Christmas on the Streetz" movement, visit their site to get helpful information, And if you simply want to donate, here is all the info you need:

Name: Munachi Aniemena
Bank: UBA
Acct No: 2059093752

All I'm advocating is, be part of something greater this Christmas, lose yourself in the beauty of it. Christ calls us to live generous, poured-out lives. The joy in living is in the giving.

This is the front cover of the actual card
And that's the message on the inside
Back cover. The end.
Still on the Christmas traditions thing, I got some cards from Dayspring.Had the cute penguin on the front :) and the shortest but sweetest message inside. I'm giving these cards to people who have been gifts from God to me this year. I'm giving my dad Philip Yancey's "Disappointment with God" book and if my account smiles back at me before Christmas arrives, I'll get a toy for my younger brother. I've got so much more to say but I fear I talk too much and I think I've said enough in this one post.

The minus I found on Blogspot is that I can't reply to people's comments :( I loved that I could do that on my Wordpress but I am slowly getting used to it so, no biggie. Just leave your email address so I can send you a reply there :) *problem solved* I've been listening to some of those songs y'all recommended and I would love to get more recommendations. What songs do you experience God in? And what are your Christmas traditions? Do share

No comments:

Post a Comment