Thursday, 27 December 2012

Enjoy The Moment

It's 9:00am this lovely Thursday morning and I am deliciously satisfied with this morning. I woke up this morning and everything I have done since then has been in slow motion. I've let the coffee stay in my mouth longer, letting the silky feel of it stay on my tongue, I've stopped to look up at the sky and the clouds and the birds, I've said prayers for longer, I've listened to the silence, I've read tweets. And I have come to the conclusion that today is beautiful. I've never been one to sit still for longer than a minute doing nothing, from the minute I wake up till I fall into tired sleep at night. And today was just what I needed. Some wake up call of sorts. And I thought it would be great to share that with you today. Stop, enjoy the moment. Taste those emotions. Chew for longer. Cry harder (this is therapeutic in my opinion lol) Laugh from deep within. Smile genuinely. The present is a gift.

If you have been reading my blog for awhile, you would know that I wanted to spend Christmas this year with children at Makoko. At least I said that much in my Christmas Traditions post. But it turned out that my sister was planning a surprise visit to Nigeria with an Uncle and voila, she appeared in our home on Christmas day. I haven't  seen this girl woman since I was 7 and I was delighted to see her again!
This was the only time she was in one place throughout Christmas day
 Of course, I felt guilty that I couldn't make it to Makoko that day but then I was comforted knowing that those children got more love than they hoped for that day from the people that went. I might not get to see my sister till next Christmas so I stayed and cherished the moment with my family. And no doubt, we will have more animated conversations till she leaves for London again. My poor dad could not get over how short her skirt was! It was hilarious. Her excuse? The heat.

Gotta rush off and begin my day now. Thanks for dropping by my blog and reading my thoughts :)

No comments:

Post a Comment