Saturday, 1 December 2012

The Experience (Day 1)

photo credits: 123rf.com
Words cannot begin to fully describe how happy I am this morning! It's the first day in the month of December here and it's six days to my first concert! The first concert I will attend in my entire life and I am stoked. I will be going with a couple of friends to The Experience. Don Moen is going to be there, Detrieck (I hope I haven't murdered this name) Haddon, Israel Houghton and a couple of other guys I just cannot wait to see. I was in church last night into this morning for a cross-over vigil. I woke up around 8am and knew that it was God time. I grabbed me my Bible and prayed for the people on my 30 day prayer list, made the strongest coffee for myself and settled down to just read God's Word, bask in it, revel in it and swim in it! God's mercy and love towards us is just so profound! Words cannot begin to describe it!
The verse of scripture that really jumped out from the pages of scripture for me today is Hebrew 2:15 in The Message translation:
By embracing death, taking it into himself, he destroyed the devil's hold on death and freed all who cower through life scared to death of death
Is anybody else seeing what I am seeing?! I don't have to cower through life scared of death anymore. I don't have to worry that if I die today, I just might go to hell because Christ has bought me- has bought us with a price! Isn't that profound?! I want you to just let that verse marinate in your head today. Keep turning it over and over in your head. Too beautiful.
As part of my countdown to The Experience concert, I'm doing a six day "experiencing God afresh" thingy. These past few weeks I have been a bit laid back in my fellowship with God and I've been frustrated and restless. I was going through Isaiah 61 the other day when I saw verse 10 and I have been hooked to it ever since. I've been saying it aloud to myself since then and I am glad to say that my feelings are falling in line with my words (i.e this verse)
I am overwhelmed with joy in the Lord my God! For he has dressed me in the clothing of salvation and he has draped me with the robe of righteousness. I am like a bridegroom in his suit or like a bride with her jewels
I just typed this verse from memory! I used to struggle with keeping verses in my head (oh but I never struggle with lyrics) but since I have been saying this verse aloud and claiming overwhelming joy in Christ over myself, I have found that I have overwhelming joy! This is the beautiful thing I have discovered about praying God's Word. You may not feel  like you have overwhelming joy and you may be at that place where you are used to God and you feel like there is nothing new or refreshing to bring to the table. I beg to differ. Switch things up and put some spice in your  romance with your Creator! Pray verses like this over yourself and begin to experience God in a new and refreshing way!
Happy new month, all ye beautiful people!

No comments:

Post a Comment