Monday, 3 December 2012

The Experience (Day 3)

LOOL!
I was suppose to blog this yesterday but I was so tired when I got back home, I managed to take my sandals off before climbing into bed and falling fast asleep. Phew! I told myself I'd wake up in a few hours to blog my experience for yesterday but I didn't. I was just toooo tired. Well I'm up now and I decided to blog. I just had a refreshing hour with God and I feel like I can take on the world! How awesome is that? Too wonderful for words, you can be sure.
Okay so yesterday, *clears throat* I had the weirdest conversation with a friend of mine who apparently had been crushing on me from the minute he first saw me. And yesterday he finally worked up the nerve to ask me to marry him....
I think my mouth was open for a couple of minute and my face was contorted in the funniest look of shock because he had to step back after he said that. When he left, I took the opportunity to scan the class for cameras just incase I was on some cruel version of "Punk'd" but this was no show, there were no live recordings and he was awful serious. I think I said "Are you serious? Is this a joke? Are you for real?" about a million times yesterday. I mean, right now it's still too incredulous for words. I can't even...
Anyway, what I'm getting at is that I don't understand how you can ask someone you barely know to marry. I can count the number of times we've had meaningful conversations on one hand and the last time we talked we had an argument about women, jewelry and what the Bible had to say. And believe me when I say that I did not back down till I had proven my point (LOL) I haven't given him a response yet but I kind of already know what I am going to tell him, which is "No" in the most gentle manner. For now, I have to talk to God about my very weird day yesterday (haven't told Him about the proposal)
Now, to the aim of this post...my experience of God yesterday

Whatever you do, do as a representative of Jesus Christ, giving thanks through Him to God the Father.
                                                                                            - Colossians 3:17(NLT)
I am a representative of Jesus Christ here on earth. I am His hands and feet. Just think about that. Say it out loud if you can and brood over the thought that you are Christ's ambassador here on this planet. You are his diplomat, a representative of the Kingdom of Heaven, bridging the gap between the two "countries"
Feel it, experience it. You are a representative of the Most High God. Walk in that light as you go about your daily activities today. Soak up in the power that has been given to you as God's ambassador. Live today, don't just exist!

No comments:

Post a Comment