Wednesday, 2 January 2013

Love

I was over on Deidre's blog yesterday when I found her word for the year 2013 and it was "Abide". I remember thinking to myself that I wanted a word for this year but I hadn't decided what I He wanted to it to be. So, I just pushed it into the far back of my mind. This morning, I woke up to an amazing weather, I was lying on a mat with my Grandmother close beside me, and my cousin at the other end. My brother had fallen asleep on the couch, my cousins and their parents were still fast asleep in my Gran's room. I could tell, because I couldn't hear a single sound except for the pigeons that had come to perch on Granny's roof, the fowls out in the open singing their morning hymn and my Gran's goat bleating just outside her window. I might have closed my eyes and tried to sleep some more if the floor was comfortable but it wasn't. The weather though, was beautiful.
My heart knew where it wanted to be this morning and it wanted to be with God. The days leading to the end of last year zoomed past me, I had a relapse of sorts in something God was is calling me to drop and I felt bad. Worse than bad, I felt unworthy. So like a child trying to hide herself from her mother by covering her eyes, I tried to hide from God. You'd think that I'd know by now that I can't hide from Him but no, I don't. Sometimes, I like to hide somewhere till I feel like I'm clean enough to stand before God but I will never be in my own strength. Ann Voskamp's post over at her blog came at the right time for me.

Failing? What feels likes losing is really gaining experience. Forward!
Falling apart? Fall into whatever. comes. next. Forward!
Fearful? Fear is always the first step of faith. Forward!
Whenever you are lost, forward is always the way Home.
Forward is the way Home! I'm falling, forward, into His arms this year. Ann may never know how timely those words were for me. But those words are for me. I could tell. My heart melted the minute I read them. My heart just completely broke when I read the verse for today on my Youversion
And you must love the Lord your God with all your heart, all your soul, and all your strength.
No more social media idols, no more approval addictions, no more.
So this year, my word to live by is Love.

I'm going to wear love for God this year in three steps:

1. Listening to the silence like I did this morning. And finding God in it.
2. Pausing often during the day to find God in the mundane.
3. Being with people who love practically.

 Above all, clothe yourselves with love, which binds us all together in perfect harmony.

The wonderful image in this post was created by sweet Melanie over at her blog, Only A Breath.

If you would like to have a button just like that on your blog just head over to Melanie's blog to read the terms, send her a message real quick at melanie@onlyabreath.com and be sure that you'll have yours up in a jiffy. I had mine in less than an hour. You could stay in and join the linky party if you want too. So fun!

2 comments:

  1. For one so young, you are so wise. I can't wait to see what the Lord is going to do in your life this year. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excited to read about why you chose Love- I kinda did too. inLove is my word for 2013- in love with Him, living in love with others, and abiding in Him (who is love). Blessing on your year of love!

    ReplyDelete