Friday, 11 January 2013

Sacred romance

I strongly believe that God strategically places some people in your life so that they can be an encouragement to you. And I am grateful for these people. Very grateful.
In the early hours of this morning, a man broke into my hostel and robbed me and some other girls. As sad as I was that I lost my phone (it's barely three months old) I was grateful that the robber did not rape me or any of my roommates. I've been muttering to myself all day "It could have been worse" So I'm grateful for protection too. As for my phone, something better is coming.

Yesterday morning when I was at an all time low, I picked up my Bible and turned to Hosea. I strongly believe that this was not a coincidence because I knew I wanted to read Hosea the minute I picked it up and this was what I found that did things to my insides: 

When that day comes,” says the Lord,
“you will call me ‘my husband’
instead of ‘my master.’
O Israel, I will wipe the many names of Baal from your lips,
and you will never mention them again.
 I will make you my wife forever,
showing you righteousness and justice,
unfailing love and compassion.
I will be faithful to you and make you mine,
and you will finally know me as the Lord.

If you have been reading my blog for a length of time, you would know that my OneWord for this year is Love. I want to fall in love with God all over again, just like the first time. And when I read those verses, I began to look at God in a different light. The God that pursues me relentlessly with His love wants me to love Him right back. He wants me to love Him like it's the first time. Our sacred romance blossoms and my heart warms. It's the year of love and I just want to bask in it and soak it all up. I'm grateful for that too.

No comments:

Post a Comment