Sunday, 17 February 2013

I need a title for this

I honestly feel like I should only come on here when I have something theological or even remotely witty to say but today I'm not feeling very smart or theologically sound. I just want to share my thoughts. Today I decided to totally block out someone from my past life. My heart wants nothing more than to be with him but then my heart is deceitful and desperately wicked (help a sister find the reference, please)
Ladies, have you ever been a relationship you knew was toxic but decided to stay because you secretly hoped that you could change him and make him the one? I can't be alone on this.

It's ridiculous how my heart has been leading me on roller coaster rides these past few days. I've been busy with school and church, the last thing I need on my plate is this distraction (because that's really what it is) I have to stop praying that God make him the one for me and start praying that God help me get over him (and fast)  I'm a mushball right now (ugh) I'll probably go watch some sloppy movie.

In other unrelated but still important news, I'm still on track with my Scripture memory but falling back with the JoyDare.

7 comments:

  1. Ibukun, the last thing I want to do is preach, but honey, the last thing you can do is change him!!! Trust me, I know. And a lot of my friends have done the same exact thing too- it always ends in disaster. You are right when you say you need to be moving past him... right into your brilliant future! Don't throw your dreams and life away Ibukun, you WILL regret it. Follow your heart, and don't ignore your instincts or the Lord's gentle nudges- He loves you!! Read SRT's devoted today, its on this topic and you'll see some of my story there!
    Take care and prayers for peace are coming your way!
    ~E

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another thing- this "genius"managed to unsubscribe herself earlier! So here goes again...
    And please make your choice very carefully!
    I'll be praying for you, that the Lord will reveal His thoughts on the matter CLEARLY so you can rest and have some peace in your heart !
    Take care Ibukun! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good morning dear lady
    I only just found you through "She reads Truth" and when I read your post here on your blog I immediately thought of being in high school myself over 40 years ago...I had a home ec class (home economics) and the teacher was giving us classes on marriage etc and I have never forgotten what she said. She said "do NOT go into marriage (or a relationship) thinking you can change the other person, if you see something that needs to be changed then YOU must do the changing in yourself"
    And over the years I have seen many a lady end up with abusive men all because they thought they could change him, or because they were afraid to change themselves. Be strong
    hugs
    D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can so relate! I am now going on 2 weeks after cutting off a toxic relationship. It's a struggle DAILY but I am trying my hardest with God's help to get over this man. God has something better. Even if I never marry, being by myself with the joy of the Lord and walking in my calling is something better than being in a toxic relationship. I'm praying for you sister! You can do this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good morning! I also found you through SheReadsTruth, and I will be praying for you! I will also offer you this life experience, and I'm sure I'm not the only sister who can tell you this- my greatest blessings in life have been the things God said no to, and the things He gave me instead, including the man I married. He just had to wait until I let go of the things I held on to in the first place. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jeremiah 17:9

    The heart is deceitful above all things
    and beyond cure.
    Who can understand it?

    Hi Ibukun! Been there, done that. And, I've learned that if he's not a blessing to you, He's not sent from God. I, too, had to go through a lot of pain before I let a toxic relationship go, but it took removing myself from the situation to truly SEE how toxic it really was. It's easy to be blinded when you're IN the situation. Step outside and remember all the things God promised you. If it's not from God, let it go. Easier said than done, but you'll be so glad you did.

    ReplyDelete