Wednesday, 24 April 2013

One Word 2013: Love {April}



I looked at a picture of me smiling like I did not have a single care in the world and I could not help but mutter under my breath, “You’re a miracle, sweet child!”  I’d be a wreck if I didn’t have Jesus and no, that’s not just sentimental gush. It’s knowing that no matter what I think and no matter how I feel I am loved beyond my wildest imagination. And when I talk with this ultimate lover of mine, sometimes I won’t find the words and that’s okay.
He understands that sometimes I long for something, for someone and I go looking for love when I have more than enough in Him. And that’s okay. He’ll wait on the front porch for me to come back home. He knows that sometimes I cry and I don’t know why I’m crying and that’s okay. He understands. He knows that sometimes I feel inadequate. Heck, a lot of times, I feel inadequate but that’s okay. He understands anyway.
And He loves. It’s not what He does, it’s what He is.
It’s difficult for me to tolerate people when they get off track. I’m never content till I’ve given them a not-so-healthy of my mind. Then I look at some people and how greatly God is using them, or how well they have their act together, or how comfortable they are and I get jealous, irritable and discontented. And I nag, nag, nag and nag some more.
But He listens. It’s not just what he does. It’s what He is.
And He gives me the most beautiful sunsets to watch, He gives me the coolest morning breeze, He gives me laughter, He gives me peace when I am restless.  He gives me people to do life with.
He gives. It’s not just what He does, it’s what He is!
And in those moments when I see the most adorable couple, see the sloppiest movies, or have my friends tell me their love stories, I get jealous and maybe a little teary-eyed. I can’t help that I’m a hopeless romantic, forgive me. Like the Israelites, I cry for a King “like the other nations” till He stills my heart and shows me that He is enough. He is enough.
It’s just April but I have a feeling it’s going to be a year of discovering and falling in love over and over again for God and me. I’m not going to settle for less than the best because I want to be like other people and have a nice young man to show off. I’ll wait (God, help me) and show my Lover off instead. And I’ll pray that wherever my next (and last) is, that God keep him. 
Because He keeps. It's not just what He does, it's what He is.


Light showers today, I'm feeling a little unwell, please pray. Will be blogging twice a week now Mondays and Fridays. Writing my book little by little everyday since Monday. Hope you enjoy the rest of your week.

No comments:

Post a Comment