Wednesday, 12 June 2013

This is what life looks like over here right now


It’s been ages since I last blogged on here and I’m not so sure how I feel about that right now because I just spent ten long minutes looking for my earphones and that about the most frustrating thing for me to do. I finally found it and all became right with my world again. Finding good internet service has been difficult these past few days and that just added to my unwillingness to get on here and journal like I should. I kinda miss home in times like this because all I’d have to do is flip my laptop open, connect my modem and voila! But in school I’d have to walk miles and miles across deserts and across seas just to find the perfect spot for good fast wifi. And these past few weeks I haven’t had the time or energy to do that. I’m sure y’all are sick of hearing me say that school is sucking me in whole. I’m just waiting for someone to ask “Well what are you going to do when you get married and have kids?” so I can tell them that I’d complain about marriage and motherhood sucking me in whole. The only thing that’ll change, really, is what I will complain about. I don’t hate the way things are. Maybe I’m even grateful for the busyness. I like it because the times when I finally get to just enjoy doing nothing, I can enjoy you to the fullest and not take it for granted.
Anyway, so a lot has happened in my life since the last time I blogged on here and I think it would be evil of me to just try to put down all the details from that time because I’d have to write an entire book. So my next few lines or paragraphs will be about stuff that has been happening in my life as they come to mind. I finally worked up the courage to start Nehemiah Project Prayermobs for my country as laid in my heart by The Him. And it has been in my prayers since it started. Our first mob gathering is this Saturday and I already have a case of the butterflies and till yesterday I was feeling pretty inadequate and not suited for the job till I reached out to Tomi for the encouragement that I so desperately needed.  If it’s not too much, could you lift me up in prayer from today till Saturday? Pretty please? I could use all the prayers I can get.
As for the book writing, I’m totally considering CrossWay books for publishing but then I was going through their publishing packages a few days ago and I began to think “Hey Ibukun you obviously can’t afford any of this. What do you think you’re doing?” These past few months, they’ve had two representatives mail me to ask how the book’s coming and that meant a lot to me and my little heart. They checked not once or twice and every time I was encouraged to sit in and get some more writing done. Hopefully I’ll finish the last chapter today and put it before The Him just in case there’s some more He wants to say and some more He’d like me to add. It is his book anyway. I can’t exactly say that I’m living everything I’m writing fully. I don’t have perfection on lock-down but I’m writing anyway. And when I fall, I choose to fall forward. Forward into Him
At this point I’m struggling to continue because I’m not sure how much I want to say right now so I’ll just conclude here and ask (again) that y’all pray for me and ask that you click the Nehemiah Project link so see what the project is about. You know you want to.

No comments:

Post a Comment