Monday, 22 July 2013

20 things I want to do before I turn 21

all dolled up before a photoshoot on Friday

So I FINALLY turned 20 on Monday last week and I can’t exactly say that I went out to paint the town red because I didn't (I think turquoise is a mighty fine colour actually) I was indoors for most of that day overeating, replying birthday texts, making “awww” sounds when I got voice notes and when friends called to sing to me. I got a new patent leather bag, jewellery and money that I'm more than grateful for. I mentioned last week that I had an interview at Genevieve magazine and I went for it. From what they initially said was going to be a few questions, I ended up spending 35 minutes of my life in that office answering questions that I had NOT prepared for. *Chuckle* it was challenging to say the least and I was surprised that I answered all the questions calmly (thank God for prayers!) the one thing that I did not have sorted out, however, is what I'm going to do if the strike gets called off during the time I will be working at Genevieve if I end up getting picked. *birds chirping* I didn't have an answer for that. Just hope and faith that the strike wouldn't get called off soon.  Now I don’t even know if that is the right thing to pray *chuckle*
Anyway, my friends Kovie and Tomi came up with lists of stuff they wanted to do before they grew a year older and I thought it was a great idea and I decided to come do it here. It’s difficult not to go overboard with stuff like this and write “Get million-dollar job. Visit all the exotic countries in the world. Walk on the moon” so I'm just going to write things that I really believe I can do this year. Here goes:
      

  •  Work out at least 3 days a week (already started this)
  •     Read 50 new books
  •      Buy a new phone
  •      Save up for a DSLR
  •       Find a modelling agency
  •       Fast for 21 days
  •       Change the design of this blog
  •        Do the big chop on my hair
  •        Call my grandma every two weeks
  •    Take MUSON grade 3-5 exams for the violin
  •    Take MUSON grade 5 music theory exam
  •    Take MUSON grade 3-5 exams for voice
  •    Add at least one new item to my wardrobe every month
  •    Memorise Ephesians 1 and 3
  •    Break a habit
  •    Call my dad every  week
  •    Blog here honestly and faithfully twice a week
  •    Get direction from God concerning NehemiahProject Prayermobs
  •    Finish third year with nothing less than a 2:1
  •    Give Aphroden my very best.
It was difficult coming up with this list, I won’t even lie but I'm glad I've got a whole year to get it all sorted. God willing, by this time next year, I’ll blog about how I ticked everything off this list one by one.

Do you have a bucket list of stuff you want to do before you become a year older? I’d love to hear about it! You can share it in the comment box or send me a link to your blog so I can read it. So fun!


P.S Celebrating femininity, sacred romance and a little bit of heaven will start tomorrow. I cannot wait to share real and relatable stories with you by women like me and you!

3 comments:

  1. You should go for the africa's next top model search tomorrow
    oh and the blog is looking good ;;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I totally should! I owe the new look to you, babe! Thanks a lot :')

      Delete
  2. IbukunAkinnawo15 May 2014 at 12:44

    Thanks! I owe the new look to you babe. Goodluck today :)

    ReplyDelete