Monday, 5 August 2013

Hey there, Monday

I’m writing this Sunday afternoon after a failed attempt to go to church. Heaven knows I don’t feel like blogging today or any day this week in fact. But then I haven’t been feeling like a lot of things lately. This weekend has been a tough one for me and I’d really appreciate your encouragement and prayers for this week. I’ll be needing as much as I can get.
In other news, universities are still on strike all over Nigeria just as they have been for the last three-four weeks. And I’ve been home for about a week and some. If you’ve been reading my blog for a length of time, you’d have seen me throw the word “Aphroden” around casually. Well Aphroden is a site I work for. I used to simply write articles for them but now that’s school’s out, I’m managing content and playing personal assistant to the CEO *insert personal assistant jokes here* It’s not half as glamorous as it sounds, trust me. I’m just thankful that I have somewhere to go 9-5 on weekdays and for free wifi because we all know the fastest way to break a sanguine spirit is to give it nothing to do.
As some of you have noticed, I featured other writers for the first time on this blog last month and it’s something you can expect every month from now on. It might not be a series, but I will be sharing my online space with a couple of people a lot more often as well as writing on other blogs. Thanks to Amanda over at A Royal Daughter, I’m learning a little bit of blog designing and will be experimenting a lot with this blog.

You can follow this blog on Bloglovin if you aren’t already and you can follow me on Twitter if you want. I’d love to connect with you directly. If you would like me to feature on your blog, don’t hesitate to send me mail  at zoe_akin[at]live[dot]com and I will get back to you asap. Have an amazing week!

No comments:

Post a Comment