Monday, 2 September 2013

Life lately

I’m linking up with Blairita today!

Monday to Friday = hectic days. Somewhere in between, my boss gave me his dslr so I could learn to take better pictures. And I totally loved that because I’ve been wanting to get one for myself for awhile now. It’s so great that I can get familiar with cameras and photography before I jump in to get a camera of my own

Coffee has been a good friend this past week. With lots of milk and sugar *grin*

Weekend came and I turned phones off to enjoy a simple weekend. I went out to the pool on Saturday. Had me two chicken and mayo sandwiches, jollof rice and chicken in onion sauce and a bottle of Pepsi (yes, I have the appetite of two grown men) laid by the pool and finished this book by Stephen Arterburn. 

Took a couple of awkward selfies before jumping into the pool. Most people think you have to break the bank to have a fun weekend but I didn’t even  spend up to 2500 naira that day (yay me!)

I got two flats that I reallyyy like from a thrift stall for a really good price


I might have spent a little too much money on natural hair care products this past week. Still feel a little guilty about it but happy too (guilty+happy=weird)


I started reading Kelly Minter’s No Other Gods, Sunday night. I’m about a hundred years late but yay me still.


How has life been like with you lately, friend?

14 comments:

  1. i'm so glad you linked up!! and um.. you are beautiful!
    so exciting for the dslr. have fun with it!! i'm always still figuring mine out, but they are so great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Blair! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. your beautiful! I hope you have fun with the camera! where are you from?

    stopping by from the wild and precious link up!

    Jessica
    http://mybeautifulli.blogspot.com/2013/09/life-lately.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much, Jessica! That made my heart glad. I'm from Nigeria :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. awesome!! sounds like a beautiful country! cannot wait to read more of your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is! If you're ever thinking of exploring Africa, come to Nigeria and I'll be your tour guide for free :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. okay awesome! I would love to travel to Africa sometime. I have heard its a beautiful country!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh.. You need to take me swimming and teach me x_x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Africa is actually a continent. HUGE one

    ReplyDelete
  10. yesss! Next time we meet up, we'll plan (or just impulsively buy you a new bathing suit and go swim)

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh, that book looks good! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. It'll make you giggle in some parts but you won't find it helpful unless you've been through a series of unsuccessful relationships. For me it's just meh

    ReplyDelete
  13. hey thanks for stopping by! excited to explore your blog and learn more about nigeria-- I love learning about other countries through blogs :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. So great to connect with you, Erica! Following your blog

    ReplyDelete