Monday, 16 September 2013

Twitterature!

Just a brief side note, I'm on Instagram now and would totally love to connect with you there! If this is your first time on ‘She is out of control’, don’t forget to subscribe to receive weekly thoughts about life, love, faith and books from me. If this isn't your first time, it’s not too late to subscribe. Breathe deep, linger for longer, give thanks and have an amazing week!




So excited to be linking up with Modern Mrs Darcy today! I'll be giving fun, brief reviews of books I've read this month. Here it goes:

Grace for the good girl by Emily Freeman



Beautifully, brazenly honest. I could relate even though I'm a recovering bad girl. Will definitely read this again

Avoiding Mr Wrong by Stephen Atterburn



Funny read having men classified into 10 groups of Mr no nos. But it wasn't very helpful to this lady; I guess I want to know how to find Mr Right instead of avoid Mr Wrong? More suited to women who have been in a string of horrible relationships.

No Other Gods by Kelly Minter


Kelly is funny so her book's funny too. Serious+funny+totally honest about her struggles that I could hundred percent relate to. It forced me to rethink some things in my life. I WILL read this again.

The Fault in Our Stars by John Greene


This. Book. Was. Hilarious (are you guys seeing a pattern here?) Van Houten was my favorite character as hopeless funny and a tad lost as he was. Greene made me laugh, then made me cry, then ended his book and made me think. Amazing read.
P.S they're making a movie out of this one so you better hurry to read it if you haven't already.


I'm on Jane Austen's 'Mansfield Park' at the moment and I'm loving most of it. I'm at the point where it's clear that Fanny's adorably and hopelessly in love with Edmund. What are you reading at the moment? Leave me a comment or drop a link to your blog; I'd totally love to know (as I'm bookhunting for next month)!

16 comments:

  1. The Fault in Our Stars was my favorite fiction read this year. So good! Grace for the Good Girl was also excellent. Nice to "meet you" :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have Emily Freeman's second book, Graceful, in my kindle queue. I'm inspired to read it after reading your review of her first one!


    I loved TFIOS too, and am looking forward to the movie version. They'll probably ruin it, but I'm going to watch it anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was going to link the review to this post but somewhere in between rushing off to work and hitting 'publish' I forgot. I've been stalking John Greene's twitter and the cast for TFIOS actually LOOKS good. I hope they don't ruin it *chuckle*

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was going to link the review to this post but somewhere in between rushing off to work and hitting 'publish' I forgot. I've been stalking John Greene's twitter and the cast for TFIOS actually LOOKS good. I hope they don't ruin it *chuckle*

    ReplyDelete
  5. So great to meet you too, Amy! Following you on IG :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm getting ready to read Mansfield Park as soon as it comes in from the library!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Frances @ Improvement List16 September 2013 at 19:05

    After reading your comments, the fault in our stars will be the next book I read. It sounds great. Thanks for the recommendation.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is an amazing book! Hope you love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Isn't John Green AMAZING??

    ReplyDelete
  10. Words cannot even begin to describe!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The Fault in our Stars is one of my all time favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good books all around! I'm excited to read Emily Freeman's new book coming out next month. I loved "No Other Gods" when I read it a few years ago - there's also a Bible study she did with the same name that's wonderful! :) I've heard 'The Fault In Our Stars' is sad, but perhaps I should break down and read it! I'm with you on 'Mr Wrong'--when I was single, I think I started this book and didn't finish it for the same reason. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ooh, I love a good movie/book tie-in, I'm sold on The Fault in Our Stars!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looks like I have a few more books to add to my list! I have heard such great things about Emily Freeman but haven't read anything by her yet. Love that you describe yourself as a recovering bad girl :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Amen to Emily Freeman! I'd love to know which of her books you finally decide to read. Cheers to recovering bad girls :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Heard about Kelly's bible study with the same title. I would love to do it with friends sometime. TFIOS is kinda sad, to be honest, but it's a mighty good read.

    ReplyDelete