Friday, 11 October 2013

Friday Convos: And why are you still single?!

First video in my new series, Friday Convos with Ibukun, is up! Excuse the blurry video (and thumbnail) but I don't know how to make selfie videos on a DSLR yet. If you're single and get weird questions like, "And why are you still single?!" I'd LOVE to know your reaction to them. 
Enjoy!

It has come to my notice that some can't hear me pretty clearly in the video above sooooo I'll be sharing my thoughts in the next few paragraphs:

The one thing I think I hate is having people think that because I'm single, there MUST be something awful wrong with me. Like, I don't get it. Does it mean that everyone married or dating has their act together?! And the single ones are the damaged goods? I don't think so. If there's nothing I know about myself, I KNOW that I am God's masterpiece created anew in Christ Jesus to do the good works he prepared for me LONG ago (my Bible tells me this much in Ephesians 2:10) So i definitely am not damaged goods. So when people ask "why are you still single?!" and it's variants, I usually say that I'm not in a rush and that I will date when the right man comes along. As impatient as I am, I'd rather wait than settle. So in the meantime, I'm going out with friends, laughing, living, drinking too much coffee, blogging, loving!

I'd love for you to take a minute to nominate sheknowswhoisnt.blogspot.com as the best faith-based blog at Nigerian Blog Awards.

I'd appreciate it if you'd do that for me.

Breathe deep, linger for longer, give thanks and have an amazing weekend!

8 comments:

  1. Hi Ibukun!! LOVE the video..SO cool! Looking forward to the next one :) Take care & God bless

    -Rae
    Fremont, CA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for watching, Rae! Should be louder and have the dslr figured out next time

      Delete
  2. Marriage is TOO permanent to allow anybody to make you think you need to rush into it. So your response to those who question you is just perfect!

    I used to tell them 'Paul said it is better not to marry" - you can imagine how people reacted to that lol

    I'm glad I waited as long as I did rather than trying to join the crowds rushing to the altar. Good things come to those who wait on the Lord right?

    In the meantime, don't forget to travel too! Traveling, living, loving, laughing, coffee, ice cream, blogging, girls 'night'ing (which you can still do after you're married but you get my point)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good things DO come to those who wait! So thankful for you and naijahusband (y'all inspire me, really). Praying I have a marriage as beautiful as yours.
      Cheers to nights out! ^_^

      Delete
    2. Aww thanks. Wouldn't call our union beautiful, more like, 'pretty'. loool! But we DO want it to be beautiful. and we want it to grow and thrive and flourish ...so we're working hard towards it!

      Delete
  3. Yea I do agree with you,wen u r single it is blvd ders smtn wrng wit u!

    ReplyDelete
  4. As iiiin...tell them ooo! Forever is a bloody time to be unhappy! Thank Ibukun

    ReplyDelete