Sunday, 24 November 2013

#9 An update

The series 'A bad girl's guide to being Christian' will continue this Friday. Today I will be sharing how my experiment against imbalance has been this month. If you like what you see, don't forget to subscribe (or follow on Bloglovin'to receive weekly updates from me about life, love, faith and books. I'd love to connect with you and get to know you. Pull up a chair and follow along!







Let me start off by saying that this month has been crazy crazier than other months with work. As some of you already know, I've been home from school for about 4 months now because lecturers are on strike and I'm currently holding down (BARELY HOLDING DOWN) two jobs. One with me managing content for a site and the other with me writing and managing social media. This month I admit that I haven't been able to put in my best with the second and I'm seriously considering dropping one or both.  It's pretty tough for me to decide because one has me fighting back my smart-mouth tendencies every single day and the other has me wondering if I'm even qualified to do it. It's all so overwhelming some days I try to just stop fretting and talk to God about decisions that I will have to make soon. Your prayers are SO coveted!

1. Finances

I ran out of money before the end of the month (again) and did not set anything aside for Influence Conf like I originally planned. I'm starting to doubt that I will be able to make it next year *deep sigh*

2. Social media

I stuck with the plan on this. Decluttered my timeline and followed only people I wanted. Plus, I wasn't obsessively checking my Twitter like I used to (heck, I didn't even have the time to)

3. Diet

I had no diet whatsoever this month. All I ate this month was rice, lots of salad, grilled chicken, shortbread, noodles, coffee. Rinse and repeat. And I broke my fizzy drink fast twice. *another deep sigh*

4. Keeping in touch

I haven't been following this very strictly but I've grown a tad better at keeping in touch. Dialling people's numbers isn't so torturous any more. Last time I met up with friends on the weekend was two weeks ago. These past two Saturdays have been for me to catch my breath and enjoy my own company.

5. Living truth

I have started memorising Ephesians 1 as planned and loving it. It helps me get through the tough days. Plus pausing to talk to God during the day has been the fresh air my soul needed.

6. Clothing

I am PROUD to announce that I have found (am finding?) my personal style! I have added new stuff to my wardrobe as planned. Made lists before stepping into shops, compared prices and generally been more confident about my wardrobe.

7. Exercise

Did none whatsoever. Unless...walking to the bus stop counts as exercise. I mean it has to count for something, right?!

8. School

Failed here completely.

9. Work

It's the only thing I do these days when I'm not sleeping or doing my laundry.

It has been hard for me to find balance this month. It's been difficult on every front. I'm so grateful for the friends that brighten my days, good coffee, God's Word and His Grace that finds me in all my busyness and imbalance.

I'd love to hear: how are you fighting for sanity and balance in your life?


7 comments:

  1. Walking to the bus stop counts as exercise. Taking life's challenges one day at a time is keeping me sane right now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "Taking life's challenges one day at a time" <-- need to do this more often! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. Although I don't compartmentalize my life like this, But I have balance... The trick is not about having all the containers full its about prioritizing.

    Glad you've made progress. Keep it up girl :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah I guess I need to learn lessons on prioritising. Thanks babe!

      Delete
  3. phew! I think U didnt do badly... For me this month I failed at keeping in touch and I am glad that I still have a little change at the end of the month despite the huge expenses November brought with it...
    I think i need advice on how u did that clothing partr.
    Cheers to a fab week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the encouragement, Tannie! So glad you didn't run out of cash before the end of the month *high five* regarding clothing, I have been preaching the gospel that is Pinterest to everyone that cares to hear. Helps me organise clothing I like and buy them at the end of the month. Have a great week ahead!

      Delete
  4. I found your blog through a fellow blogger's post and I'm impressed. I think that making choices in life is part of our Christian walk and I applaud those who are willing to come out to say that "Hey, this ain't working for me!"

    Will be praying for you to recover your balance. There is so much to be done but the laborers are few!

    I won't forget to hit the subscribe button so I don't miss your posts!

    Love,
    Maggielola

    ReplyDelete