Friday, 15 November 2013

Twitterature {November 2013}

It's been a long day and I'm looking forward to a pretty restful weekend. 'The bad girl's guide to being Christian' series will continue on Monday next week (in case you're wondering). You can subscribe here or follow on Bloglovin so you don't miss out!

Before I shut my laptop and call it a day, I'm linking up with Anne over at Modern Mrs Darcy again for Twitterature! As some of you already know, I will be reviewing books I have read since the last link-up in about 140 characters. Twitter style.


The Time Traveller's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger

  
Great read! I loved every page! Well except the last few. They broke my heart so much choose not to see the movie.

Help for women under stress by Randi and Nanci Alcorn


I did not make it past the first chapter.Could not shake the feeling the book was mostly for wives and mommies as if single working-and-schooling ladies don't have it tough. Maybe I was wrong but the first chapter slayed me.

I kissed dating goodbye by Joshua Harris


Finished this in a night. I have seen it around many times before now but just never got past the title: I didn't want to do anything it even suggested. I took only some of Harris' advice and let the "grey areas" fly by me. Only thing I will be kissing goodbye is this stomach ache.

I gave dating a chance by Jeramy Clark


I liked this book a lot better than Harris'. Made plenty sense. Very practical.

The science of black hair by Audrey Davis-Sivasothy

Amazing insightful book on black hair (natural and relaxed)! This is the black hair bible, people. Definitely helped me understand my hair a little better.


What have you been reading lately? Worth the read/time or not? Let's talk!






2 comments:

  1. I just found your blog after stalking ur twitter X_X i love love love this twitratureeee. Where do you get your books from????. great reviews and equally awesome books. More ink to your pen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Lanre!
      You can stalk my Twitter anytime :-) Most of my books are off Amazon and from my book-loving friend, Tomi.

      Thank you for dropping by!

      Delete