Thursday, 6 February 2014

Life lately {February}


I wasn't going to write this post because, well, I'm smack in the middle of exams and have a thousand and one things to do but I remembered that a handful of precious, precious people subscribed to this little space of mine. It’s so encouraging to find that people actually want to read about life, love, faith and how they tangle beautifully (if you haven’t already subscribed you can do thathere).  I realise that I haven’t been faithful in blogging regularly and I apologise (I will get my act together ASAP).If I'm being real awful honest, I haven’t blogged lately because I felt that I don’t have anything good (read ‘exciting’) enough to share. I haven’t had any ‘ground-breaking’ revelations from God. I haven’t had any ideas for a stellar ‘How-to’ post.  Not that I had the writers’ block—I didn't-- I just haven’t had anything. Unfortunately (and fortunately) my life is not a flurry of exciting, blog-worthy, interesting moments. In fact I have many mundane days; I've had to find God in the ordinary sacrament of living. I haven’t been walking on sunshine and have had very many bad hair days. I've practised the same piano piece every day for one week straight because I just wasn't getting it. I've come to understand that blogging through life won’t always be magazine-worthy but it will be worth it.
So lately I've been making music with my friend, Bankole, that you can listen to and download here (it’s my first finished song and our first finished song together so I'm pretty excited to share it with you). My sister, Dupe, relocated from the UK back to Nigeria and I have taken a huge chunk out of her wardrobe (I love you, sis!). I'm getting better at playing the violin, piano and a little better at singing. By the end of this year, I'm planning to be able to play the violin and piano well enough to perform confidently. I signed up to do Grade 5 voice and music theory exams sometime in April. I'm eyeing a new and my very first violin and hope to get it soon enough. I found a modelling agency sometime last weekend through a friend of mine and was super glad to find out that the owner of the agency is a firm believer in Jesus (I admit I was a little uneasy in my search for an agency so it was a delight to find this particular agency). I've had long phone calls with the people I love. I've discovered the awesomeness that is Regina Spektor’s voice and her wonderful ‘Begin to Hope’ album. I'm reading books by Beth Moore whenever I get to breathe, looking for good fiction, writing articles for Africanmag, researching Universities to do a Master’s degree at and whining about how busy my life is (*chuckle* I'm not sure I deserve anyone’s sympathy) But this is what I've been up to lately.

 I’d love to know what has been going on in your life since you last dropped by my little online apartment. Sit for a minute, friend? How has life been like with you lately?

If you like what you see, don't forget to subscribe (or follow on Bloglovin'to receive weekly updates from me about life, love, faith and books. I'd love to connect with you and get to know you. Pull up a chair and follow along!

7 comments:

  1. For not having much to share, you've got a lot of exciting things going on! You have been posting the cutest photos to IG, so I think it's just perfect that you've found a modeling gig. And with a Christian-owned agency... now that is truly amazing!

    Life has been a little stressful for me, I'm still learning to deal with having 2 kids instead of 1 (and trying to get as much sleep as the baby will allow!) and trying to spend some time with my husband, too.

    I'm listening to your song now -- it's great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sarah!
      Kids are a LOT of work. I'm young but I know that at least lool. Thankful for you and your precious little ones. Hoping you get time to rest enough

      Delete
  2. Oh you are a busy girl!! Thanks for sharing your life! Great job on the song! May God open doors and use you in great & mighty ways!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Piper!
      Glad to 'see' you again, friend! Thank you! Sending hugs and kisses your way

      Delete
  3. i want to model as well. hook me up please ;;)
    success on yourexams ..x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey girl!
      I could give you details if you really want. Mail me? Ibukunakinnawo[at]gmail[dot]com

      Delete
  4. Hey!!i m new to this blog but I like what I have been seeing so far..I especially like the fact that I have a few things in common with you such as reading and music,,I must add that I love this blog and would be sticking round..running to read previous posts,lol.

    ReplyDelete