Saturday, 15 March 2014

Twitterature {March 2014}

Right before you dig in, I'd love for you to take a moment to read my entry in The Writer competition and cast your vote here. Thank you for your support!



I'm excited to be linking up with Anne Bogel over at Modern Mrs Darcy again—after so long—for Twitterature! As some of you already know, I will be reviewing books I have read lately in a couple of concise sentences so you know what to buy and what not to bother glancing through while you're at the local library!

Authentic Beauty by Leslie Ludy

This book was such a gem to me! I did not get the legalistic vibe people said I would from reading this book. Leslie wrote it from a sisterly, I-can-totally-relate point of view and I was grateful for it. A must read for women who want to go deeper in their walk with God.

The In-Between by Jeff Goins


Everyone recommended this book to me but I never got past the third chapter. I couldn't relate with his stories about adventure and college life because I experience those things differently here in Nigeria. I shut the book bitter and underwhelmed. Jeff was kind enough to suggest a refund but I want to give this book another chance sometime soon.

Jesus Feminist by Sarah Bessey


Sarah is such a beautiful writer, I'd love to have lunch with her someday! She could've been right across the room from me as she wrote each chapter. I'm thankful that in my home church there is no question about a woman's place in the church. Unfortunately, not many people truly understand women's roles in church, home and at work. You. Have. To. Read. This

When Godly People Do Ungodly Things by Beth Moore

I highlighted just about every page in this book. Get it. Get it. Get it. Buy it for everyone you know struggling to reconcile a past (and maybe even present) full of sin with righteousness by faith in Christ.

Where'd You Go, Bernadette by Maria Semple


Maria Semple is hilarious and I enjoyed every page! When I finished it, I kinda got emotional even though the end wasn't sappy. I hear it's going to be a movie? It better be as awesome as the book

The Sacred Search by Gary Thomas

There are very few books I re-read ever. No matter how great they are. This book is one of the few. Gary is obscenely honest and cuts right to the heart of the matter. I totally recommend this to everyone who is in the "single market". Trust me, it will do your head in. In a good way, of course.

I'm currently navigating through 'The Circlemaker' by Mark Batterson and 'Packing Light' by Ally Vesterfelt. I'm all out for book recommendations! 

What have you been reading lately?


If you like what you see, don't forget to subscribe (or follow on Bloglovin'to receive weekly updates from me about life, love, faith and books. I'd love to connect with you and get to know you. Pull up a chair and follow along!

7 comments:

  1. I put Where'd You Go, Bernadette on my to read list, but I'm little nervous about the ending. But sounds like it's still worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hadn't hear that Bernadette was going to be a movie, but I'm fascinated to see how it would be portrayed. Maybe Wes Anderson will direct it so all the quirkiness will work perfectly.:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also loved Where'd you go Bernadette! It was such a fun read!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've heard so much about Jesus Feminist so I'll have to follow up and read it. The Beth Moore book sounds interesting; I just finished a group study of one of her older books, but I'd never heard of this one.

    Where'd You Go Bernadette didn't do a whole lot for me, but I did laugh out loud frequently when reading it. I think the first half was the best.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just realized the comment I left the other day disappeared. Anyway, I was just going to say that I was not a huge fan of Bernadette overall, but I did laugh out loud many times while reading it. I thought the first half was the best. I have heard SO much about Jesus Feminist; I will have to make sure to read that one soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been lazy to drop comments (since I read 'em from my email, lol). I'll check these books out. Seeing how highly recommended they come, I can't believe I bypassed some of them at the bookstore. Gasp! Anyway, it's good to have you back, sis! :)

    ReplyDelete