Monday, 5 May 2014

Music: Come to me by Jenn Johnson and Bethel Music

Right before you dig in, I'd love for you to fill out this 10-question reader survey I put out awhile ago. I will share results and survey insights with you this Friday. Thank you for your feedback!
My heart has heard you say, “Come and talk with me.” And my heart responds, “Lord, I am coming.”
                                                                            - Psalm 27:8 NLT

Music is a huge part of my everyday. Music is life, it's the air I breathe. I am most alive when singing my favourite songs, when leading worship or just simply listening. I'm almost hundred percent sure I'm not the only one who feels the same about guitar strumming and great vocals. A lot of you know that I haven't been feeling like myself these past few weeks, there's this one song I have been listening to by Jenn Johnson that has been giving me life and keeping me encouraged. I think Jenn is a wonderful singer and worship leader. I love the heart behind this song, the lyrics, the message of redemption. Over and over in this song, God is saying, "Come to me. Come to me. I am your anchor when things are rough." Even though I cannot feel Him near, He tells me that He is and I choose to believe. A lot has been going on in Nigeria lately that has been giving me grief as well: the news of the bombings, the kidnapping of 234 teenage girls and the lack of direction our President has right now. Thinking about it makes my heart all the more heavier and I find myself asking, "Where is God in all of this?" 

Our God He sees each tear, He knows the names of all the girls abducted, He sees your hurt and your pain and He is holding your hand, binding up broken hearts, collecting each tear in His bottle. I may not be able to make sense of a lot of things going on but this I know for certain: He will make everything right. 

Do listen to this song, be encouraged by it, close your eyes and picture God speaking these lyrics over you. He says, "Come to me. I'm all you need" (lyrics below video)

*You can listen to this song and the rest of the You Make Me Brave album for free here





I am the Lord your God,

I go before you now.

I stand beside you

I'm all around you

And though you feel I'm far away
I'm closer than your breath
I am with you
wherever you go



I am the Lord your peace

No evil will conquer you

Steady now your heart and mind

Come into my rest
And oh, let your faith arise
And lift up your weary head
I am with you
Wherever you go



Come to me, I'm all you need

Come to me, I'm everything

Come to me, I'm all you need

Come to me, I'm your everything


I am your anchor, in the wind and the waves

And I am your steadfast, so don't be afraid

Though your heart and flesh may fail you

I'm your faithful strength
And I am with you
Wherever you go



Come to me, I'm all you need

Come to me, I'm your everything

Come to me, I'm all you need

Come to me, I'm your everything


Don't look to the right or to the left, keep your eyes on me

You will not be shaken, you will not be moved

Ohhhh



I am the hand to hold, I am the truth, I am the way

Heyyyy

Just come to me, come to me

Cause I'm all that you need



8 comments:

  1. I'm a full-time Bethel Music stan. Jenn and Brian Johnson are ah-may-zeen! This Same song from the Loft Sessions is everything. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! I hadn't heard that song before. It is easy to let the bad news of the world get you down... we have had a couple of violent murders in my (normally very quiet and safe) community recently, one against a child, and it's really set me off-balance. The world just isn't supposed to work like that! But I know that we can't trust the world to be safe, all we can really trust is God.

    ReplyDelete
  3. IbukunAkinnawo15 May 2014 at 12:53

    Thanks, Hafiz!

    ReplyDelete
  4. IbukunAkinnawo15 May 2014 at 12:54

    So sorry to hear about the recent violence in your neighborhood, Sarah. Great point on trusting God

    ReplyDelete
  5. IbukunAkinnawo15 May 2014 at 12:54

    Listened to it on the Loft Sessions but I think I love the energy on their You Make Me Brave album better

    ReplyDelete
  6. Funny how i'm just getting to know about this blog .Okay! i guess i've
    found my 2nd Blogger crush (Tosin of Africanism cosmopolitan is my
    First) ,you just gained a new follower !I love that our generation seeks
    God and i love it when we seek all of him(the more we are into God is
    the more he's into us ) Thanks for sharing your faith with us on this
    blog ,i've heard this song before but never paid attention to the
    wordings ,thanks for this post and this song too. I've been going
    through every page of this blog and i guess i'm stuck,the originality is
    something else. God bless you

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for your kind words, Opeyemi! It's readers like you that make it worth it! xo

    ReplyDelete