Monday, 13 October 2014

My hair regimen

Have you liked She is out of control on Facebook? It'll only take a minute and it would really make my day. Thank you!


There was this one time I became an overnight sensation on natural hair tumblrs so today seemed like the perfect day to share my natural hair regimen (seeing as I've never really blogged about that before now).


Pre-poo (or pre-shampoo)
On wash day, I pre-poo my hair with coconut oil, apple cider vinegar, honey then wrap my hair in a shower cap for an hour or two depending on how much time I have. 

Wash
I used to wash and deep condition my hair every week because that's what all the natural hair blogs say (but my wallet didn't agree with having to buy shampoo and conditioner so often) so now I wash once in two weeks with African Naturalistas Shampoo and deep condition with Olive Oil Hair Mayonnaise. Once a month or after I go swimming, I remove chlorine and fix product buildup with Trader Joe's Tea Tree Tingle Shampoo (smells amazing and works like magic, really)

Moisturise
I let my hair air dry for a little bit then apply Shea Butter Miracle Leave-in Conditioner then lock in moisture with this really awesome Vanilla-scented shea butter by Sahara Sunrise.

On the go
During the week when I need a quick pick me up, I spritz my hair with a mixture of water, eucalyptus oil, glycerine and coconut oil then use leave-in conditioner and shea butter in that order. 


I love how simple my regimen is and how well my hair is taking to products but I may switch things up a bit later on. 

What is your hair regimen like-- whether you have natural or relaxed hair?


*Photo by Niyi Okeowo



3 comments:

  1. So, I stumbled here and got fixated on pre-poo. Yes, I'm a useless person. Sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lmao! I literally cannot! This made me smile

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simple hair regimens are always the best.
    I wash my hair weekly when it's out because my scalp just gets irritated easily.

    https://thelifeofbey.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete