Friday, 31 October 2014

Perfect skin 101: Double cleansing

New here? Subscribe (or follow on Bloglovin) to get weekly updates from She is out of control!

Asian women have been doing it for centuries but I only just found out about it recently and I can already tell you that it is ahmazing. It has helped my acne-prone skin produce less oil and generally helped me sleep better at night knowing that all my makeup is off.

Stage 1: oil cleansing

Oil draws out oil-based debris such as sebum, makeup, SPF and soot (aka pollutants)! Water-based cleansers aren't capable of removing oil-based debris because oil and water don't mix. Which is why this stage is so important. 

Use any natural, organic oil of your choice (eg coconut oil, olive oil, avocado oil) on a cotton pad or wipe to gently wipe your entire face in circular motion. You'll be surprised at how easily your eyeliner and mascara comes off with just oil and cotton! Let it sit in for awhile (I typically look for my tshirt and bonnet at this time) then rinse off with water

Stage 2: face wash

Foaming cleanser draws out water-based debris such as sweat and dirt. Wash your face with your favourite foaming face wash in upward circular motion for about two minutes and rinse off as usual.

I'd love to hear how double cleansing is working for you!
Have a great weekend! xo


2 comments:

  1. My facial skin is very prone to acne and I always like to see tips that help in that aspect
    Thanks Ibukun
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're welcome, Kunmi

    ReplyDelete