Sunday, 28 December 2014

My favorite things in 2014


This year has been one hell (or heaven, depending on how you look at it) of a year. I'm happy to see it go and yet a little misty-eyed because I'm going to miss it. Today I'm going to be sharing most of the things I loved this year.
Sidenote: My reader survey is 9 questions long and will only take a minute to fill. Thank you!




Books
Where'd you go, Bernadette by Maria Semple
The Sacred Search by Gary Thomas
The Rosie Project by Graeme Simpson

Beauty/skincare items
MAC Ruby Woo: because every girl needs red
Coconut oil: I'm basically married to this thing
32-piece brush set from the5kshop
Maybelline Baby lips: perfect for harmattan season
Dove soap: as basic as it sounds. I love this beauty bar because it doesn't strip my skin completely while cleaning. It both cleans and moisturizes. Win win.
St Ives body cream and shower gel: St Ives wins in my skincare department. Affordable, gentle/organic ingredients. Perfect for all skin types.


Blog posts
There is no perfect church
The case for tattoos
The bad girl's guide to sharing her faith
9 amazing uses of coconut oil
To yoga or not to yoga, is the question

Music
Kari Jobe: It's no news I love everything Kari Jobe and it's hard to pick one favorite song. Her rendition of Holy Spirit with Cody Carnes comes to mind and was my quiet time companion for most of this year.
Brooke Fraser's new album: This album grew on me, I won't even lie. Favorite tracks are Magical Machine and Thunder. Kings and Queens is also pretty delightful.
Murda: This song by Seyi Shay, Patoranking and Shaydee. I honestly dont know why but it makes me smile every single time.
Bethel Music: Their You Make Me Brave album won me over!
Taylor swift 1989

Blogs
The Fulltimegirl: Lauren has the most inspirational blog for young women who want to honor God in their life and relationships. Every woman needs this
The blogmarket: I found this recently but it's the perfect blogger resource. If you want to make your blog better in 2015. This is it.
Mide Coker: Mide is down to earth, real and somehow manages to be fun at the same time (a rare combination in any human). She's also super stylish and has the nicest blog photos.
Cassie Daves: Cassandra is and will always be one of my favorite bloggers and readers. If I like her you probably will too.
That Escada Girl
I am Dodos: Because she has style and effortlessly chic on lockdown

Hair products
Trader Joe's tea tree tingle shampoo
EcoStyler gel
As I Am Leave-in conditioner
As I Am Twist and Curl Gel

Other things I like
Triple decker pizza from Debonairs
Night out with my roommates to celebrate finishing Uni.
Getting to work with my first blog sponsor (So Fresh Neighborhood Market)
Getting better at doing my own makeup
Meeting fellow bloggers at a yardsale
Watching Sony Max with my sister and Taiwo

Life lessons
Growing up is not an option.
Getting closure doesn't have to depend on anyone else but me.
Many times I will walk away from God and deny God with my actions and the way that I live but there's always grace and God is never unfaithful even when I am.


All of these things are super nice but nothing beats you. Thank you for coming here to read my thoughts, leave the most encouraging comments, for everything. Everyday you inspire me to write, to not stop blogging. YOU are my FAVORITE. Every single one of you.

What are some of your favorite things this year and what important life lessons did you learn?

3 comments:

  1. I thought you liked Bethel Music?! I love Kari Jobe too! I nodded my head to some of the things you said, checked out some links (some bloggers I already know), and I could easily see why you love them!

    2015 promises to be exciting! Like a friend of mine says, "I don't have any new year resolutions. I will continue to make mistakes, correct them, learn, and grow from them. That IS my resolution." You definitely sound stronger, Ibukun!

    Oh––Congrats on crossing over into the New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for including The Blog Market in your favorites list! It means a lot. Happy to have found your blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kari Jobe is wonderful. I have the Majestic album on my iPod, so I hear her mixed in throughout my work day. She actually sang at our church in 2013. I'm looking forward to seeing what 2015 has in store for all of us.

    ReplyDelete