Monday, 15 December 2014

The Boonbox {review}

Let me just say it here, now, right off the bat that the Boonbox is the best thing to happen to beauty/makeup lovers in Nigeria.





The Boonbox is an amazing service by The Beauty Boon. I found out about it a couple of months ago when I was randomly perusing the website but only just took the plunge recently. The Boonbox is a small box of beauty/skincare related items specially picked out by the Beauty Boon team for you! You simply fill out a brief questionnaire about your skin, favorite brands, favorite skincare items and you will receive a box with the right mix of everything you need when payment is confirmed. The Boonbox service is 5,000 naira or 19,000 per quarter of the year. Based on the questionnaire you fill out, you will receive different items each month. And dare I say, they will always be what you skin and/or hair needs! Did I forget to mention even men (I see you Hafiz) can use this service?

Here's what I got in my box for December

  • MAC Ruby Woo lipstick (my absolute fav)
  • The Body Shop Olive Body Butter 
  • As I Am Leave-in Conditioner
  • As I Am Twist and Defining Cream
  • Eco Styler Gel




I've already started using the Body Shop Body Butter and my MAC Ruby Woo lipstick but haven't used the others because my hair is in extensions I won't take down till next year. The As I Am products smell amazing! And I can't wait to use them with the EcoStyler Gel for bomb twist outs in 2015.


Click here to fill a quick survey and order your Boonbox.

Speaking of surveys, I made a reader survey I'd love for you to fill out so I can write better for you in 2015. You can fill that here


*Photos by Tunde Mason

5 comments:

  1. Nice! These beauty box companies are so popular right now! I'm subscribed to two myself, Ipsy and Birch Box. I LOVE that they are so cheap, but you get EXCELLENT products! Great post :)


    XoXo Shea L. --------------> kissmychocolate.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tried Birchbox once but found out they don't ship outside the US. I was pretty sad till I discovered these guys. Cheap AND great products! Win win. Thank you for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  3. finally a beauty box to subscribe to........:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I read about the Boon Box too but haven't taken the plunge, it's not on my priority list. However I was taken aback when a fellow blogger received items she specifically told them she didn't want.

    https://thelifeofbey.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete