Monday, 19 January 2015

The lazy girl's fitness trick



So I was jogging around my neighborhood one day, minding my own business when I started to think about actually making new month resolutions. The one that came to mind besides finding a new church in my relatively new neighborhood, is to lose the 5kg I gained since finishing school-- which really was only about a month ago.




After a little "research", I learned to count calories. So here's how it works:
Depending on your lifestyle, your body needs a certain amount of calories per day to function effectively.  I found this really neat app, Fitness Pal, that helps you calculate the calories you need based on your height, weight, and lifestyle. You can log your breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks to calculate how much calories they contain. Try not to eat more than your required calories per day so you don't put on weight.

This essentially means that you don't have to quit some of your favorite junk food. For example, if I really want to have some cake or KFC tomorrow, all I have to do it snack on fruits, vegetables that are 100-200 calories so I can have about 1300 calories left to "spend" on cake/KFC. How amazing is that?

What fitness trick have you discovered lately and what are you new year resolutions, if any?

3 comments:

  1. My major new year resolution is to actually add weight and keep a flat tummy
    Oh I forgot, to wake my football fanatics mojo up again

    ReplyDelete
  2. I seriously suck at counting calories! Lol! I always end up going over no matter how hard I try. Instead of doing that I just set small daily goals. For example, I try to eat a certain number fruit/veggie servings a day, or drink a certain amount of water. Great post!!


    XoXo Shea L. ---------------> kissmychocolate.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I started to use My Fitness Pal app and it was surprising to see how much calories I consume through some of my everyday favorites!

    I've been wanting to drink more water so I purchased a glass water bottle, add some orange/lemon slices and sip away all day.

    P.S. I signed up for a dance class so I'm hoping that helps kick my fitness goals along!!

    ReplyDelete