Sunday, 1 March 2015

Beauty Buys

I can't possibly be the only one who feels physical pain when almost all her makeup/skincare products run out at the same time. Or when the most expensive ones run out. As much as I wish I had a lifetime supply of free skincare items, it doesn't look like that is going to happen anytime soon so in the meantime, buying it is.

I got my boonbox for this month and a few other stuff missing from my cabinet.





I strayed away from my beloved Clean and Clear Morning Burst to L'Oreal Perfect Clean Foaming Gel Wash. It's about 250 naira cheaper than Clean and Clear and contains Salicyclic acid (I bought the one for blemish prone skin). It comes with a little exfoliating rubber pad that you pour the gel on and wash your face with. Perfect for daily use, doesn't dry out the skin.

Then I got my beloved jar of Trader Joe virgin coconut oil. I use this nightly to take my makeup off before washing my face. Also the smell of coconut is amazing.

In my boonbox, I got Covergirl bronzer that I'm excited to begin using. I also received an LA Girl lipliner in Burgundy and eyeliner in Blue Metallic. 
I got a miniature St Ives Apricot Scrub that has the best ingredient list I've seen in recent times. Anyone who knows me knows I think St Ives can do no wrong.

I'd been dying to buy a bottle of Tea Tree oil and was so glad when I found it in the boonbox! Tea tree oil is a quick way to deal with acne and other skin blemishes. I've been used it three nights in a row now and can already see results.
 Finally, I got Shea Moisture Coconut and Hibiscus Curl Enhancing Smoothie for my hair. I'm taking my weave out right after this so I can't wait to use it.


Do you use or have you ever used any of these products? How did you like them?

8 comments:

  1. lol, it is a big headache especially when I'm broke. you got nice products, I have st. ives's scrub in blemish free but it's slightly drying in my opinion... I'm really dying to try the covergirl bronzer :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. IbukunAkinnawo1 March 2015 at 11:45

    If you can you should buy it ASAP. It's cheap but does the work well so far. It's also great fr dark skinned girls. Most bronzers i see are just not it for my skintone.
    Thank you for dropping by!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This post just made me think Lol
    I need to start taking skin care seriously, its too important

    ReplyDelete
  4. IbukunAkinnawo1 March 2015 at 12:18

    Girl, when you have blemish prone skin you take skincare seriously quickly LOL
    You have great skin BTW

    ReplyDelete
  5. All these stuff? I just read gibberish really.... Waaaaay over my head -_________-

    ReplyDelete
  6. IbukunAkinnawo2 March 2015 at 02:49

    LOL Tomi it's fun when you get into it :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. It really does seem like they always run out at the same time! Trader Joes coconut oil is the best


    COOCOO FOR COCO

    ReplyDelete
  8. I also believe St. Ives can do no wrong in my book, I wonder why lol, I use their range on=f body lotions but I'm yet to try the Apricot scrub, is it any good for dry skin?
    You use coconut oil to take off makeup? Ha please inform me.
    Tea tree oil or peppermint oil has been on my hair list, procrastination.
    Do update us after using these products (yes I'm following you!)

    ReplyDelete