Thursday, 16 April 2015

5 life lessons I've learned lately

I've been starting and stopping blog posts for the past few weeks because I wasn't quite sure what I wanted to share first.

On the days I wanted to share anything at all in the first place.

It occurred to me that the best place to start would be what I've been learning all this while I've been away


1. It's okay to make mistakes
I'm very tough on myself when I make mistakes or when things don't exactly turn out the way I hope. So half the time I don't try at all because of my primal fear of failing at it. I was reading something Wale (one of the people I work for plus totally awesome person) wrote about allowing himself make mistakes. Instead of dwelling on regrets, he focused on learning from the mistakes and becoming better.




2. Goals are good
Essentially, it's not okay for my life goals to be: marry and have many babies. Now I have a vision board I'm following closely and excited to achieve everything on it.

3. There is nothing wrong with you
This ties with lesson 1 for me. There's a relationship I worked hard at in March but ending up failing. It did not last long (same as the ones before it) so I started to think, "hey maybe something is wrong with me". Well there isn't. Some relationships and projects won't work and I'm learning to be okay with it.

4. Better is always good
Finishing school and being thrown into a fulltime job immediately after, I quickly understood that there are still a lot of things I need to learn about. I've got many opportunities to improve myself as a person and I'm taking all of them because there's so much room for growth. School gave me a hammer and taught me how to knock a nail in place. Building a wardrobe now is my cup of coffee.

5. It's okay to talk to someone
I had many opportunities to be vulnerable with the people in my life this past few weeks and instead of shrugging them off with my usual "I'm okay". I let them be there for me and boy did it do wonders for my spirit. So I'm paying it forward.

What life lessons have you learned lately? Share them with me?


*Photo by TK Mason

6 comments:

  1. I figured out today that the best way of learning is by doing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES to this. The best way to learn is on the job. Thank you for dropping by, Jinkazama

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're welcome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. And add in "don't be so hard on yourself". That is my big one!! Great thoughts! ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post!

    http://kibuadesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete