Thursday, 21 May 2015

3 steps to smoother skin

I had my first pimple when  I was 7.
At the time I was overjoyed because I was becoming a grownup (also I couldn't wait to wear a bra. In hindsight, I'd take flat-chested me over full-breasted me. I digress). Little did I know that that one big pimple between my eyes was the beginning of self esteem issues through secondary school. Looking back, my acne would not have been as bad as it was if I actually took care of my skin.

I'm glad to say that the worst years are over and I only have to deal with one of two pimples here and there once in a very blue moon.

From trial and error, I've developed what I like to think is a simple skin care regimen to keep the breakouts at bay.





I always wash my face at night with my L'Oreal Perfect Clean Gel Cleanser for blemish-prone skin. Two or three nights a week, I exfoliate with my St Ives Facial Scrub then finish off with my Fruit of the Earth Firming Mask, I leave it on for about 20 minutes before washing off.

I added tea-tree oil to the cleanser as tea tree oil has disinfecting and soothing properties. Exfoliating 2-3 times a week helps remove dead skin cells and allow the mask to really get into my pores.

Although I got the St Ives scrub in a boonbox, you can get the cleanser, scrub and the firming mask from Poise at Ikeja Mall for less than N5,000 total. It's a good buy because they last at least three months.

What skincare products do you use?


2 comments:

  1. I've been breaking out so much lately! I've been eating the same and hydrating. I feel so betrayed by my skin! I'm just letting it be because I really don't know what else to. Sometimes, they're like underskin bumps and its so frustrating. Anyway, happy you posted! yay. Maybe I'll try tea tree oil. *sigh

    ReplyDelete
  2. epiphany twentynine21 May 2015 at 02:22

    I recently started breaking out and I think the powder I'm using is the cause but I can't be too sure as I really do not have a healthy skin care regime. Maybe I'll try this out and see what happens.

    www.epiphany29.com

    ReplyDelete