Saturday, 9 May 2015

Life lately (May 2015)

I wasn’t going to blog this because I didn’t know what I would blog after but I decided to stop overthinking things and just do it. My life has been a busy blur that I absolutely love and am grateful for (on most days anyway). I graduated Uni last month and have settled fully into my job. Yes, I’m doing the whole grown-up 9-5 thing. Who would have thunk it?

What I've been listening to:

I typically listen to music when there’s no longer any hype about it. I've been listening to Sia’s '1000 Forms of Fear' album a lot lately. I feel like she gets me on a level not many artists do. I also find myself listening to Handel’s 'Messiah' a lot. Which is weird but maybe my soul misses school already. Bethel Music’s 'We Will Not Be Shaken' album (favorites on it are: In Over My Head, Ever Be, You Don’t Miss A Thing, No Longer Slaves, One Thing). Fifth Harmony’s 'Boss' and 'Them Girls Be Like' get me started in the morning when I feel a little less than motivated.



What I've been reading:


I'm currently reading Arundhati Roy’s God of Small Things and Miguel Ruiz’s The Four Agreements. I felt like Sarah Jakes memoir could have easily been mine. Greg Behrendt’s book is all right but I found the movie adaptation to be way better. Dumped was such a waste of time and space I slap myself every day when I remember that I bought it. It’s a sappy collection of all the breakup advice you’d typically find on tumblr, not worth a dime. I enjoyed Moriaty’s What Alice Forgot because it was easy chick-flick, kind of funny material. Warsan Shire’s collection of poems was also pretty enjoyable. I found it a little disappointing though that I’ve found more than half the poems in the book on different tumblr pages. There was barely anything new to discover. Becker-Phelps’ Insecure in Love is like cheap (couple’s) therapy! It helped me understand a lot about myself and how I form attachments with the people in my life.

What I've been watching:

Fast and Furious (too much zobo in this thing abeg), Avengers (I really liked!), Black&White (hilarious and sort of made me cry at the end. Not many movies can make me do both), Sex and The City (Carrie Bradshaw is SO silly), Empire (the season finale was like Nollywood movie), How to Get Away with Murder (can’t wait for season 2), Scandal (I'm a few episodes behind), Criminal Minds (2 more seasons to go for me)

Beauty and skincare:

Coconut oil will always be my first love so, yes, I still take my makeup off with it every night. L’Oreal Perfect Clean gel cleanser is the only cleanser I use at the moment and I could swear by it. I added drops of tea tree oil to it to help with my acne and my face has been the smoothest it has ever been since puberty. Then I use St Ives facial scrub followed by f.o.t.e’s firming facial mask 3 nights a week. To moisturize, I've been using The Body Shop olive body butter. Although it’s ideally for dry skin, it hasn't ever made me breakout. Another thing I could swear by: Dove’s shea butter and vanilla scented beauty bar.

Other things I'm loving:

  • Pepper soup and gist with Dami this week. Actually I find that white wine and gist also goes very well. Anything with gist, even.
  • Graduating

  • My daily routine
  • Sneaks
  • The delicious wit in The God of Small Things

What have you been up to lately?



8 comments:

  1. You look so good. Why wasn't I invited to the graduation na?

    ReplyDelete
  2. IbukunAkinnawo9 May 2015 at 08:22

    Thanks boo! I actually wasn't going to go (I wanted to stay home and sleep cos I felt tired) we can meet up and celebrate it whenever you're free. Drinks on me *wink*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats again on graduating, babe! Always so excited to see you in my inbox! Glad to hear you are enjoying your job! That's such a blessing xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on your graduation.
    May the Good Lord take you to the level He has prepared for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. IbukunAkinnawo11 May 2015 at 05:28

    Thanks, Afoma!
    There's a special place in heaven for encouragers like you. I love you babes

    ReplyDelete
  6. IbukunAkinnawo11 May 2015 at 05:30

    Amen! Thank you, Vivian

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your comment on Empire made me giggle. Love your sneaks and congrats on your graduation.

    ReplyDelete
  8. IbukunAkinnawo20 May 2015 at 06:18

    Thank you, Inez!

    ReplyDelete